Simplify Your Mornings with Healthy Breakfast Meal Prep: Spinach and Feta Egg Cups
Are you juggling a busy schedule with countless decisions to make each day? As a mom, I understand the chaos of daily life. That’s why I’m excited to share a simple solution that can lighten your load – spinach and feta egg cups.
These delicious egg cups not only taste great but are also a smart choice for a healthy start to your day. Each serving contains under 250 calories and around 12 carbs when you enjoy two for breakfast or as a snack. Packed with protein from the eggs and a wealth of nutrients from spinach, these egg cups are a no-brainer addition to your meal prep arsenal!
Why Breakfast Meal Prep Matters
Meal prepping can be a game-changer for anyone, especially busy parents. By preparing ahead, you save time, reduce stress, and ensure that you’re making mindful choices about what you eat. These spinach and feta egg cups are the ideal solution for a nutritious and satisfying breakfast, leaving you more energized to tackle your daily tasks.
These easy egg cups are relatively healthy – if you eat 2 for breakfast or snack, it is under 250 calories, and around ~12 carbs. Starting off your day with protein from the eggs and nutrients from the spinach – this is a no brainer to keep around in your meal prep folder!
A Family Favorite:
If you have a picky eater at home, you’ll be delighted to know that even kids love these spinach and feta egg cups. They are a hit with my own family, especially with my son who adores spinach and feta quiche.
Incorporate this simple recipe into your meal prep routine, and you’ll find it’s not only a gift to yourself but to your family as well. Enjoy a stress-free morning with a nutritious and delicious breakfast option that you can feel good about.
Remember, the key to success is consistency. Make meal prep a regular habit, and soon you’ll discover the positive impact it has on your life, giving you more time and energy for everything else you have to do during the week.
Now, are you ready to simplify your mornings and embrace the benefits of breakfast meal prep? Give these spinach and feta egg cups a try and experience the difference for yourself. Share your thoughts and any variations you’ve tried in the comments below – we’d love to hear from you!
Breakfast Meal Prep Made Simple: Spinach and Feta Egg Cups
1 cup spinach
12 tablespoons feta
1 sheet of puff pastry
1/4 cup whole milk
1/4 t. salt
optional: 1/4 t. pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the 6 eggs and 1/4 cup milk. Add in the salt (and optional pepper if you like).
- Next, unwrap your puff pastry dough and cut it into 12 equal pieces (they will be rectangle shape).
- Spray your muffin pan with cooking spray and/or line with muffin cups (see note below).
- Place one piece of puff pastry into the bottom of the muffin cup and press down to make it sit nicely on the bottom. Then add 1 T. feta, 1 T. spinach to all of the cups.
- Carefully pour the egg mixture evenly into the 12 cups. (see note below)
- Place into a preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool before eating.
- These can be stored in the fridge for 5 days.
- To avoid these sticking – I always use a silicone muffin cup & generously spray with cooking spray. You will get a crispier bottom if you don’t use a muffin cup — use your preference.
- When adding in the egg mixture, you may need to use a fork to move the spinach and feta around to make sure the egg mixture doesn’t overflow and actually sinks into the cup.